SaMo Indie – The Santa Monica Independent Film Festival proudly accepts entries via FilmFreeway.com, the world’s best online submissions platform. FilmFreeway offers free HD online screeners, Vimeo and YouTube integration, and more. Click to submit with FilmFreeway.
Or if you prefer via Withoutabox:
Due to the waste of materials and resources involved in accepting DVD’s and drives, we will no longer accept any physical media for screening or consideration.
ONLINE SCREENERS ONLY PLEASE – NO EXCEPTIONS!
• We ONLY ACCEPT ONLINE DIGITAL SCREENERS via Withoutabox, Film Freeway, Vimeo or YouTube
• Please note that the ONLY difference in submission deadlines is the FEE. The submission and selection process is NOT affected by the submission date, provided it is received by the FINAL deadline.
• Regardless, PLEASE submit your work as early as possible to give us the best possible chance to consider your film.
• Please note, our film submissions for the 2016 season are limited to films that were completed after JANUARY 1, 2015.
• SaMo Indie 2016 films will be selected by the festival programmers. All selections will be posted on our site by the end of October 2016.
• ALL films submitted to the festival are seen and scored by at least TWO different programmers and are given a numeric rank. Based on the number of selections, input from the programmers and the average of the assigned numeric rankings will determine which films go on to final deliberations.
• NO films are given preferential treatment under any circumstances. Films are democratically selected by majority vote and NO decisions are made until all films received have been properly screened and been given an opportunity for selection.
• Film Submissions are non-returnable, please don’t send anything you need to keep!
• If a film is accepted, entrants will be solely responsible for delivering their exhibition materials to and from the festival venue. Complete press kits will be needed as soon after notification as possible. SaMo Indie are not liable for your exhibition print/video materials which are lost or damaged.
• Please note festival dates are subject to change.
• SaMo Indie does not (yet) provide travel or accommodations for selected filmmakers. If selected, such necessities will be the sole responsibility of the filmmaker.
• However, we do provide (at our discretion) complimentary black car service to and from LAX for filmmakers visiting from out of the area.
For More Information:
Most questions can be answered on our FAQ. Your Withoutabox account can be utilized to see if your film has been received. All other questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.